EB-1(3): “Multi-national Executives and Managers”
The Law Office of Matthew I. Hirsch excels in business-based filings. As an immigration lawyer with many years of experience in business law, Matthew I. Hirsch is particularly able to understand and work with multinational companies on long-term and temporary immigration strategies. The firm has helped many executives of managers to become lawful permanent residents of the U.S.
One of the most useful tools for achieving LPR status is the “multi-national executive or manager” category. Arising under the Employment-based First Preference, and referred to as the EB-1(3) category, this provides a streamlined path to permanent residence for qualified executives and managers. To qualify in this category:
- The sponsor must be a U.S. company with a qualifying connection to a foreign company, i.e. parent, subsidiary, affiliate or branch office;
- The U.S. company must have been in existence and doing business for at least one year;
- The candidate must have been employed for at least one year in the past three by the overseas parent, subsidiary, affiliate or branch of the U.S. employer;
- The candidate’s overseas employment must have been in a managerial or executive capacity; and
- The candidate must be working in the U.S. (or have plans to work in the U.S.) in a managerial or executive capacity.
The success of a “multi-national manager” case depends on thorough preparation as well as familiarity with business structures, an understanding of business management and exposure to today’s international corporate environment. It also requires advanced knowledge of the law, regulations and appellate precedent. At the Law Office of Matthew I. Hirsch, we have achieved successful results for many clients in this category. To evaluate eligiblity under the “multi-national manager” category, or for an explanation of applicable definitions and criteria, please contact us.